Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya C220 first shot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those people at Shutterstock have their heads screwed on wrong. Have you tried Dreamstime? They've accepted medium format photos of mine that Shutterstock called OOF. Another photo that I've sold to a NYC book publisher for good money -- a scan of a 35mm slide -- they also called OOF. They expect way too much for twenty eight cents per sale.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's off to Dreamstime as well, and iStock (who actually have a separate queue for film), Bigstock, Fotolia, 123RF and Canstock.

The few film shots I have managed to get on Shutterstock have done better on average than my digital ones. There are plenty of questionable rejections all over the place but especially at the sites that generate most cash and can afford to be picky. Shutterstock made me almost $500 last month (and Dreamstime didn't quite manage $200) so I just keep sending stuff to both of them.

I've recently joined Zazzle and made a few sales. The great thing about that place is that you can turn pictures that wouldn't pass microscopic inspection into small items like postcards and mouse mats that will still have very, very high image quality. And in a few months, it will probably form part of a calendar of India photographs.

I've just posted this endangered frog there. It is a crop from the centre of the photo, which isn't big enough for the micros but will still print to postcard size at 300dpi (I cloned the leaf away from the leg)

PS: I'm also trying direct sales through Fine Art America, for expensive prints. No luck yet but it is early days.