Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya 645 - Sekor 55/2.8 - Pro 160NS [add pictures]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Mamiya 645 - Sekor 55/2.8 - Pro 160NS [add pictures] Reply with quote

After a lot of weeks/months of absence I'm back.
This is one of my first shot with medium format camera: mamiya 645-1000S with mamiya Sekor 55/2.8.
I was on Sicily for 2 months last summer due to work and I decide to take mamiya with me at last minute. Unfortunately I haven't found 120 film over all central and west part of Sicily. Only 2 rolls of Fuji Pro 160NS.
The subject is the "Chiesa Grande" of architect Ludovico Quaroni on Gibellina Nuova. The "old" Gibellina was completely destroyed by an earthquake in 1968 and after some years, people decide to rebuild the town on other place, at 25km far from the original Gibellina.

Last edited by ellepi on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has nice clarity, I wish to try sometimes this camera as well. I am glad you back!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila.
I forgot to write that the image is a scan of print (made with a multi functional printer with flat scanner).
I must begin b&w as soon as possible Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back...I am always curious about the mamiya cameras.I look forward to seeing more images from Sicily.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other 4 pictures from Sicily

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sicily without see? It's impossible!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that building, it has something surrealistic.
Lighting in the last photo is really beautiful, and only film can render it properly
(digital for this type of shots is way behind)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio.
Unfortunately this pictures have more problems.
First of all: the bad work of laboratory during the printing process. A lot of images have green or magenta dominant and they print after scan negative film I think (there's a lot of signs over prints).
2nd: my falt multi-functional scanner/print
Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellepi wrote:
Thank you Orio.
Unfortunately this pictures have more problems.

Ok, but still, what I see here:

is beautiful, and only film can give this feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are too magnanimous in this forum! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I love the last shot. LIke Orio said, only film can look and feel like that.