Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya 28mm SX . . . . Konica?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Mamiya 28mm SX . . . . Konica? Reply with quote

I recently got a Mamiya 28mm SX lens in hopes that it might fit on my 30D. Drat! The registry of the lens is too short for the EOS to get infinity and The pin won't depress because the lens doesn't go to the bottom of a normal M42 adapter . .so . . I decided to try a few wide open test shots just to see how the lens performs anyway . Here’s one, just a test shot:

Now . . here is a 100% blow up, no sharpening whatsoever, resized with Genuine Fractals.

I think that this Mamiya 28mm lens is the sharpest wide open 28 that I have.

I got to thinking and tried . .ahhh . . .something completely different. I have a number of old Konica AR bodies, they are small, unobtrusive, kind of sexy, and simple to operate. Hmmmm . . Konica glass and Mamiya SX glass both have short registers soooo . . . . It took a bit of adapting, an M42 to Konica AR adapter and a 1 5/8 inch C-ring to allow the manual pin to depress to allow manual aperture control . . . .

And it worked . . . . HA HA!

Oh where, oh where does it all end?????

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica made wonderful lenses one of the best ones. I bought many of them to use on my Olympus camera.Yes, Bill they works perfectly on your Olympus with little modification. This Mamiya lens not impressed me at all, thank your for sharing to improve our knowledge.Your Konica looks like brand new, congratulation!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Konica made wonderful lenses one of the best ones. I bought many of them to use on my Olympus camera.Yes, Bill they works perfectly on your Olympus with little modification. This Mamiya lens not impressed me at all, thank your for sharing to improve our knowledge.Your Konica looks like brand new, congratulation!

Hummm, Attila, do you have an example? Cool

Bill

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=26
I found somewhere a less barbarian solution, but common in all method need to remove the original Konica end. Konica bajonett perfectly fit into Olympus body, but the open iris mechanism hurt 4/3 body.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila, I've bookmarked the link.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Attila"]Konica made wonderful lenses one of the best ones. I bought many of them to use on my Olympus camera.Yes, Bill they works perfectly on your Olympus with little modification. This Mamiya lens not impressed me at all, thank your for sharing to improve our knowledge.Your Konica looks like brand new, congratulation![/quote]

Thanks Attila,
The Konica-Olympus mod is quite impressive. I'll attempt to do some real photography with the Mamiya lens to tickle you.

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll be modifying a 57/1.4 Konica hexanon lens very soon. Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait the result, I didn't do yet. I just bought many Konica lenses, hopefully I gave you right suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I can't wait the result, I didn't do yet. I just bought many Konica lenses, hopefully I gave you right suggestion.

Attila,

I have two Konishiroku Hexanon lenses, a 50mm 2.8 and an old 35mm 3.5. The 35mm is very old and has an adapter to fit an AR mount. They are in very nice condition and I will test them out soon.

Jules

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect outstanding result, I have an 100mm f/2.8 Konishiroku and an 135mm Konishiroku.