Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamamiya!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Mamamiya! Reply with quote

Just acquired a Mamiya EF 50mm f/1.4. I adapted it through a Fotodiox adapter to my A7RII. I must say I'm more than pleased with the first results!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. It reminds me of Zenitar rendering.
Congratulations
T

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuu, mighty nice. This is something fresh on the scene.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Beautiful. It reminds me of Zenitar rendering.
Congratulations
T

I don't have any experience with Zenitar, but the bokeh reminds me of the auto yashinon 5cm f/2, only there is more of it with the Mamiya 😊.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mamamiya! Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Just acquired a Mamiya EF 50mm f/1.4.

That's a lens I bought when I was around 16 years old Smile Not much later I gave it away when I got the Minolta 9000 plus lenses.
The Sekor E 1.4/50mm is quite difficult to find; actually I saw it only twice here in Switzerland.

The Sekor CS 1.4/50mm seems to have the same optics, but the usual adapters (eg fotodiox) allow only wide-open images ... Stopping down doesn't work.

S

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's a winning combination. Very nice Like 1 .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mamamiya! Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

That's a lens I bought when I was around 16 years old Smile Not much later I gave it away when I got the Minolta 9000 plus lenses.
The Sekor E 1.4/50mm is quite difficult to find; actually I saw it only twice here in Switzerland.

The Sekor CS 1.4/50mm seems to have the same optics, but the usual adapters (eg fotodiox) allow only wide-open images ... Stopping down doesn't work.

S

My Fotodiox adapter for E/EF has a coupled diaphragm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mamamiya! Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

S

Coupled diaphragm only for Sekor E / EF lenses, or coupled diaphragm also for Sekor CS lenses?

I can, of course, mount the CS lenses on my Fotodiox adapter, but the diaphragm always remains open. E and EF lenses work perfectly, however.

S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mamamiya! Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

S

Coupled diaphragm only for Sekor E / EF lenses, or coupled diaphragm also for Sekor CS lenses?

I can, of course, mount the CS lenses on my Fotodiox adapter, but the diaphragm always remains open. E and EF lenses work perfectly, however.

S

What I recall of modifying two CS lenses is with the lever to the camera removed and a spring in the aperture mechanism reversed so it closes, the aperture ring will act correctly on the aperture. They have Canon EOS mounts now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pictures. All wide open, non processed jpegs.

Once you nail the focus, the image is pretty sharp @f/1.4. Here's a 100% crop of the last picture:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this the revuenon mcf 1.4, are they the same lens? What adapter are you using on sony? I really like this lens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I am collecting Mamiya Sekor SX series. Other than SX and pure M42 series, I haven't started to collector other series partially due to the many mount types by Mamiya. Is this EF the same as Canon's EF mount so a common Canon EF to Sony E adapter will be fine? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kiddo: seems to be the same lens.
@vivaldibow. That’s another mount. There is a Mamiya FE to NEX adapter with aperture control.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Isn't this the revuenon mcf 1.4, are they the same lens? What adapter are you using on sony? I really like this lens

caspert79 wrote:

Are we talking about this lens?
https://www.analogicus.de/revuenon50mm1-4/

S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:

caspert79 wrote:

S

No, there is a Revuenon lens with mamiya fe mount, probably for a rebranded mamiya camera.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:

caspert79 wrote:

S

That is the same lens as the Chinon Multi Coated 50mm 1.4. I believe it is an adapted Tomioka design from the 55mm 1.4 It has the same flat rear element. Probably made by Cosina for different camera manufacturers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
@vivaldibow. That’s another mount. There is a Mamiya FE to NEX adapter with aperture control.

Thanks. Was only able to find Fotodiox Mamiya ze to Sony E on eBay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Thanks. Was only able to find Fotodiox Mamiya ze to Sony E on eBay.

They are hard to find. I found one on amazon germany, but that was the last one from that seller.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what's the deal mamiya-revuenon they look to be same lens , as I know ,they were made by mamiya, but where does revuenon stand for in the deal?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
I wonder what's the deal mamiya-revuenon they look to be same lens , as I know ,they were made by mamiya, but where does revuenon stand for in the deal?

Revue sold a lot of camera systems under their brand. I guess they had a lot of marketing power and a huge market, so it would benefit Mamiya to make such a deal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very good shot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They only drawback of this lens is that it’s pretty prone to flare.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Revue sold a lot of camera systems under their brand. I guess they had a lot of marketing power and a huge market, so it would benefit Mamiya to make such a deal.

Does the rear element look like it is completely flat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
kiddo wrote:

I'm not at home at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's not.
A have a few of those myself also.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
kiddo wrote:

I'm not at home at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's not.
A have a few of those myself also.

If it is not then it is not the same lens as the Revuenon, which is identical to the Chinon apart from branding and colour of the print.