Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Makinon 28~80 3.5 AIS manual focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Makinon 28~80 3.5 AIS manual focus Reply with quote

motorized Nikon FG
Makinon 28~85 3.5 AIS
Fuji Velvia 100 ISO colour slide
3.5 @ 1/60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good shot, esp at 1/60 f3.5 and you got lucky with that zoom as I thought Makinon zooms weren't the ones to buy...the one I had was something like 28-70 and was so bad I gave it away to a charity shop..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Very good shot, esp at 1/60 f3.5 and you got lucky with that zoom as I thought Makinon zooms weren't the ones to buy...the one I had was something like 28-70 and was so bad I gave it away to a charity shop..

Excalibur,
Thanks for commenting.
This lens was among a package of lenses and a body and motor drive that I bought from a friend closing down his small advertising business. It was basically among the things I had to take to get the pieces I wanted, and I never even considered using it.
One day just on a whim, I threw it on a body to see what it would do before disposing of it. And to my surprise, it gave me decent results. It weighs a ton but has a handy focal length range and is reasonably fast wide open.
Even has macro. Most important it isn't a variable aperture lens, although it does seem to be varifocal which means it must be refocused after zooming.
For serious photography, I've got many far better primes and zooms, but for casual shooting, (such as when we take our grandchildren out), it works well enough.
Robert