Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Make the perfect Lens wrench for Free
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Make the perfect Lens wrench for Free Reply with quote

Well i was sat at work surrounded by lots of IT stuff and thinking about fixing a lens i had on my desk that needed some dust removing from the rear element.
So i would need a lens wrench well here is my ghetto lens wrench and it is brilliant works perfectly
I used
1x hammer
3x PC blanking plates
and the result is a perfectly adjustable lens wrench
I folfded two across like in the picture the bottom of the lengh was folded and tucked under the 1st so it does not move

The result fantastic i could open the lens perfectly and closed perfectly.
the thickness of the blanking plates is perfect for the lenses no cutting nothing

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea!

Problem is at least my chinese computer frame is made of so soft a material I could use it as chewing gum if it wasn't so poisonous. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Must make up a few Reply with quote

I had best make up a few if I can find my cache of these parts. Not so common these days and as noted the guage of the metal used get flimsier and flimsier.