Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Magic Forest Series - Final Image
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
The term "a master of his art" springs to mind. Fantastic images Laurence and thanks for sharing them....as someone else said, a source of inspiration Very Happy

Hooper, thank you for the kind and inspirational words.

Oh...almost forgot...GREAT avatar! Burt Reynolds is overlooked sometimes as a truly fine actor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, thanks Laurence, he was my childhood idol!

I noticed the note in your sig, and really hope you don't mind me doing this but i have tweaked your pic a little to try and bring out a little more detail...

There seems to be a few compression artifacts on the image, do you have a higher res version online? Its a great image as is, but at higher res it would look stunning!

Anyway, this is a method I use quite often to bring out more colour and highlights in images (using photoshop);

1. Duplicate the image layer twice, so that you have 3 layers of the same image.
2. Leave the base layer as is, but change the blending mode on the first layer to Soft Light.
3. On the second (top) layer, change the blending mode to Overlay. Press CTRL+SHIFT+U to desaturate then CTRL+I to invert the colours. Next goto Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and set it to 70 and hit ok.
4. Adjust the opacities for the adjustment layers to suit!!

Hope you don't mind!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote: There seems to be a few compression artifacts on the image, do you have a higher res version online? Its a great image as is, but at higher res it would look stunning!

Anyway, this is a method I use quite often to bring out more colour and highlights in images (using photoshop);

1. Duplicate the image layer twice, so that you have 3 layers of the same image.
2. Leave the base layer as is, but change the blending mode on the first layer to Soft Light.
3. On the second (top) layer, change the blending mode to Overlay. Press CTRL+SHIFT+U to desaturate then CTRL+I to invert the colours. Next goto Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and set it to 70 and hit ok.
4. Adjust the opacities for the adjustment layers to suit!!

Hope you don't mind!

I LOVE it! Wow, does it look BETTER or what? Thank you VERY much for the tip, and I will go ahead and dig out the 48MB file and work it like you have.

I don't have a high-rez online, but Attila has graciously given me some space to have a gallery; so stay tuned.

Thanks again - this is the type of stuff I love, as I can learn from it! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I love your magical forest shots as much as i have always loved "Jabberwocky".
Really "fantastic" - in the double meaning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a while to find it, but such a great series. The mushroom shot
still amazes!

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed As always, I'm late to the party . . . Rolling Eyes

The woods that are around you must be very magical as demonstrated by these gorgeous images.

Larry through your nature images you've helped change for the better how I view the landscape as it unfurls around me. Thanks!

I have only one complaint . . . Keep this up and I'll run out of superlatives Laughing . . . Idea I could cut and paste past comments . . . Wink