Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 to Nikon lens adaptors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: M42 to Nikon lens adaptors Reply with quote

Hello.

A friend of mine got an Helios 44-2 and would like to use it on her Nikon D90.
She asked me help to buy an adapter for her.
I don't have and never used Nikon system, and looking on evilBay I've noticed several different kind of adapters.
As far as I understand, there are some with optical glass (to allow infinity focus) and others without glass.
I'm a bit concerned about those with glass, as I suspect it could cut on sharpness and image quality.
On the other way, the ones without glass have any other drawback apart from not allow infinity focus?
I've read somewere something about the danger of rear lens element hit the camera sensor...

Can you please advise me on wish adapter to buy?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are all crap as the use a cheap negative Barlow lens inside to make the back focal length a bit longer.
Cannot recommend any.

The glassless ones only allow close upand dependent of focal length varies from a few cm to a few meters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
There are all crap as the use a cheap negative Barlow lens inside to make the back focal length a bit longer.
Cannot recommend any.

The glassless ones only allow close upand dependent of focal length varies from a few cm to a few meters.

Thank you for your feedback.
My friend is going to use the lens for portrait work. Maybe the ones without glass can work for her.

Anyway, as she also have a micro 4/3 camera, I will advise her to use it instead of the Nikon camera.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going mft would be the better way, I doubt she woudl ge the needed working space
with a glassless adapter. Tried this many years ago w/o success when I was using Nikon.