Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 bare mounts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: M42 bare mounts? Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't know how to just call this. I am looking online for M42 mounts to put on lenses coming with PK mounts.
First I think of a Mir-47K that I could buy. It's really hard to find Mir-47 and the one I have spotted comes in PK mount. I could replace it with a M42.

The uninteresting M42 lenses I have around that I could cannibalize don't do it: either the 42 thread is not on a screwed plate but part of the block or there will be a lot of dremeling in order to remove metal (like with the Jena Tessar).
I though I would find easily on Ebay, but whatever keywords I try bring only M42-something adapters.

to give an idea of what I am looking for. Here is a Mir-24N that I bought in box. It's a "N" so Nikon mount, but these lenses came with a M42 mount in the box.. Three screws and done. Here the lens with the M42 mount, and on the box the Nikon mount that was on when I found the lens. I just asked the guy in the shop and he switched mounts.

what I am looking for is the kind of bare M42 mount that sits on this Mir-24.

the closer I found on ebay are reversing rings. There's not to much metall to remove. I bought a M42-52mm:

I can remove the 52 mm thread on the one side and in the case of the Mir-24 for instance the diameter fits:
[/img]

Or also, here I have a Vivitar 17mm in M42. It's a plain plate with the thread, screwed on the back of the lens:

so, that's the kind of part I'd like to find online...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some extension tubes have plates like that attached by three or four screws.