Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 Auto Albinar Special 1:2.8 f=135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: M42 Auto Albinar Special 1:2.8 f=135mm Reply with quote

Another cheap 135, $12.99US delivered with caps & case(!). The color rendering surprises me. Reasonably sharp. Bokeh okay with me. No hood, tends to flare easily. No A/M switch. Photos of lens to be added later...

Sample handheld snapshots:

5D ISO400, 1/30, wide open, no PP except resize:

5D ISO800, 1/100, wide open, no PP except resize:

Last edited by visualopsins on Sun May 09, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I like the 2nd one with the water and rocks.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Nice! I like the 2nd one with the water and rocks.

#1!

I like flowing water pics.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too just picked up an Albinar, a 28mm Macro, but is really just a close focus. I thought it might be the same lens as the Vivitar Close Focus. I still don't know if it is - I'm thinking probably not. If anyone knows who made lenses for the Albinar name it would be good to learn.

This one is a Minolta mount, but I bought it because it looked like maybe an easy conversion candidate (I never learn). I took some quick pictures around the yard using a converter with glass element. I missed the focus on most due to flowers in the wind, but did get a few in focus pictures. Considering there is a cheap converter involved, the lens may have some potential when converted. Lots of fringing in the usual situations - caused by converter?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another from M42 Auto Albinar Special 1:2.8 f=135mm.

Aralia Californica (aka Elk Clover, California Ginseng, California Spikenard):

5D1, ISO 800, 1/790, wide open, no PP except convert to jpeg & resize

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good pic. Very nice lens.

Can we see a pic of the lens, it seems very interesant.

Thanks for sharing.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(with 5D1 + M42 S-M-C Macro-Takumar 4/100)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it say on the 135 mm Albinar? Made in Japan? It looks to me very Made in USSR. Look at the focusing ring and at the deep filter thread. Also at the rear part that seems like an A adapter. (I don't see the fixing screws in the picture but other than that it seems still detachable.)

It very much remembers me the TAIR 11A.

Eugen

Update: Quick search on the net gives this
http://www.pbase.com/shooter75/image/46140695 (do you recognise it?)
but also this
http://cgi.ebay.de/AUTO-ALBINAR-SPECIAL-Tele-f-135-mm-1-2-8-/360260826711?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive_PM&hash=item53e137f657
Seems you will find different lenses labelled as Albinar Special. The one in the ebay auction is definitely japanese as most of the Albinars.

Eugen

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
What does it say on the 135 mm Albinar? Made in Japan? It looks to me very Made in USSR. Look at the focusing ring and at the deep filter thread. Also at the rear part that seems like an A adapter. (I don't see the fixing screws in the picture but other than that it seems still detachable.)

It very much remembers me the TAIR 11A.

Eugen

Update: Quick search on the net gives this
http://www.pbase.com/shooter75/image/46140695 (do you recognise it?)
but also this
http://cgi.ebay.de/AUTO-ALBINAR-SPECIAL-Tele-f-135-mm-1-2-8-/360260826711?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive_PM&hash=item53e137f657
Seems you will find different lenses labelled as Albinar Special. The one in the ebay auction is definitely japanese as most of the Albinars.

Eugen

Hi Eugen,

The lens is "Made in Japan." M42 mount is fixed, not detachable.

Tair link photo shows preset lens; the Albinar is M42 auto-diaphragm (with actuating pin).

The ebaY Albinar Special lens looks different maybe newer version possibly another manufacturer than mine. Location of the inspection label on mine is different, near infinity mark on distance scale of focus ring. Different focus ring as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just picked up one of these for €2.00 at a jumble sale, its still snappy and no oil on blades, looks well made. will give it a clean and take it for a walk soon using film to see how it works out...