Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 1956 Carl Zeiss Flektogon 2.8/35 [Sold]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: M42 1956 Carl Zeiss Flektogon 2.8/35 [Sold] Reply with quote

M42 1956 Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 2.8/35 [Sold]

Click here to see on Ebay

See my other auctions - Will combine shipping

Last edited by Mir on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad you're not in Europe ... Wink .. EU import duties completely kill the market (up to 40-45% added depending ...) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, but why DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT Marcel???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually copy the writing on lenses' name rings exactly....
This time I did not..... but still, it's not shouting, it's a description...
And It's not addressed to a particular individuel or group of........so.......

Check your lenses, most are written in capital letters.

After 30 years in the psychiatric field, I'm always somewhat uneasy when confronted to
formalistic individuals.

But I'll correct it immediately.... only because it's not faithful to the writing on the lens...

(...)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Too bad you're not in Europe ... Wink .. EU import duties completely kill the market (up to 40-45% added depending ...) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

How do you get to that number? The TARIC tariff for photographic lenses is 6.7%.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
Rigel wrote:

How do you get to that number? The TARIC tariff for photographic lenses is 6.7%.

There is a bit more to it than just the TARIC tarif, unfortunately! BTW this is the official EU calculator that, theoretically, must be applied for all EU countries when importing from outside the EU zone. One can take the risk to have the goods sent without any "declarations", tough luck if they catch you ... Then the added "fee" may be a lot higher than 45%
As I cannot calculate the import duties for CDN I made it for the equiv. USD
I'm assuming a postal fee of USD 25.00 and customs clearance by the BE postal services for a value> 150€
so read and weep ?

Last edited by Rigel on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Boris_Akunin wrote:
Rigel wrote:

There is a bit more to it than just the TARIC tarif, unfortunately! BTW this is the official EU calculator that, theoretically, must be applied for all EU countries when importing from outside the EU zone. One can take the risk to have the goods sent without any "declarations", tough luck if they catch you ... Then the added "fee" may be a lot higher than 45%
I'm assuming a postal fee of USD 25.00 and customs clearance by the BE postal services for a value> 150€
so read and weep ?

I don't think that's the jpg you were looking for...

What you're talking about would have to include handling fees that should be avoidable. I don't know what (if anything) Belgian customs whould charge you for handling but you don't neccesarily have to pay the shipping company for handling. Your address and a CN22/CN23 declaration is all a parcel from Canada needs.

In my case (if the parcel doesn't sail past customs because the declared value is low enough and they believe it), I'd get a letter from German customs telling me to pick up the parcel at the local customs office (which is ~1.3km from my door, lucky me).
I'd take the said letter and a printout of the paypal transaction and pick up the lens. Unless take a long time picking up the parcel (in which case they'd start charging me storage fees at some point), I won't pay anything but VAT and the 6.7% TARIC import duties.

Price incl. shipping (using german customs' 'official' exchange rates for this month) would be 159.22€, based on that I'd pay 10.67€ in import duties and 32.28€ in VAT(19%) for a combined 42.95€. That's 27%, in your case (with 21% VAT) it would be 29.1%
If you're being charged >40% in VAT + duties (excluding handling fees, etc.), it's because you're being charged the blanket rate of 17.5% (which should only be applied to goods that can't identified).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
Rigel wrote:
Boris_Akunin wrote:
Rigel wrote:

so read and weep ?

I don't think that's the jpg you were looking for...

Unfortunately it is ... all members of the local digital forum use it as a guideline ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Unfortunately it is ... all members of the local digital forum use it as a guideline ...

I'm quite sure it isn't because it looks like this to me:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
Rigel wrote:

It is that TARIC tariff plus country VAT (19% in Germany for instance), so I pay here usually 25.7% (on lens value + shipping cost) on import tax cost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Boris_Akunin wrote:
Rigel wrote:

It is that TARIC tariff plus country VAT (19% in Germany for instance), so I pay here usually 25.7% (on lens value + shipping cost) on import tax cost

It should be [Price incl. shipping costs]*[VAT]*[Import duties] rather than [Price]*[VAT]+[Price]*[Import duties]. (so 26.97% rather than 25.7% for Germany).

The only way I can figure how Rigel could be paying >40% in VAT+duties is if he's paying the blanket 17.5% rate.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the calculator of the customs for The Netherlands as a check-up (Instead of the BE one), and the final cost is 246,36€ excluding the Customs clearance fee from the expeditor which is mostly around 12-13€ ..
Have you guys recently imported stuff from outside the EU? oh well ... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
I've used the calculator of the customs for The Netherlands as a check-up (Instead of the BE one), and the final cost is 246,36€ excluding the Customs clearance fee from the expeditor which is mostly around 12-13€ ..
Have you guys recently imported stuff from outside the EU? oh well ... Rolling Eyes

Even if the expeditor is paying the blanket 17.5% rate (rather than declaring a specific product category for every shipment), there has to be a lot more than VAT+duties in that figure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No other comments needed ... ?

Weitere Bemerkungen braucht mann doch nicht ? (Leider findet mann keine Rechner für Deutschland ...???)

(VAT is 21% in Belgium)

http://www.importkostenrechner.at/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say 29.1%?

$199.99CAD + $25USD Shipping (using the official exchange rates, 1€ = $1.1533USD = $1.454CAD):

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need to get yr facts straight in terms of EU importation laws ... calculations for import duties are calculated on item cost PLUS postage fees. All the rest is irrelevant skirmish ... and adding the fees calculated by the transportation company for customs clearance (DHL et al. etc) .. seriously?