Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M4/3 adapters - accurate infinity focus?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: M4/3 adapters - accurate infinity focus? Reply with quote

Has anyone found a make of adapter that gives accurate infinity focus? I have four assorted ones, all of which let lenses go way back "past" infinity. First hand experience will be very welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephen i personally found it was more lens dependent than adapter dependent. maybe i didnt try enough variety of adapters, but i did have many and thats how i ended up thinking about it. if i was wrong, let me know!
tony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
stephen i personally found it was more lens dependent than adapter dependent. maybe i didnt try enough variety of adapters, but i did have many and thats how i ended up thinking about it. if i was wrong, let me know!
tony

Hi Tony,

So far I've bought cheap adapters, two Leica screw, two Leica M bayonet, all of which are too 'thin' and consequently let the lens mounted go way back past infinity. And none are the same thickness ( = thinness really Very Happy ). In my case, it's the adapters that vary - all my Leica fitting lenses behave the same on the same adapter. Because rangefinder lenses have only modest close focus points, it's a real nuisance to find that my 50mm lens can't get any closer than about 4ft 6 inches. Although I'm notorious for being 'cheap', I'll cheerfully spend a sensible amount on an adapter that will give correct infinity, but I'd like to be sure before I do it.

I take your point about lens-dependency though. I have one Canon FD fitting 20mm lens that won't actually line up the split image at infnity on my AE1 and T70, but it sails back past it on the Lumix. (I have a Canon FD-to-Leica adapter that lets me use it on the Lumix with an L39/m43 adapter).

The thought of having to spend £100++ on a genuine Panasonic part is a bit depressing ... Crying or Very sad The G1 body cost me less than that !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have adapter for Miranda lenses that is almost on the dot for infinity. It passes infinity for 1mm.