Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lumix GH1 + CZJ Tevidon 1.4/25mm - another lunch break walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Lumix GH1 + CZJ Tevidon 1.4/25mm - another lunch break walk Reply with quote

Another perfect day today, great to test out my freshly converted Zeiss Tevidon 1.4/25mm,
all shot at f1.4 unless noted using Lumix GH1.

100% crop

contra lucem (quasi):

100%crop

@f4

bokeh @f1.4

bokeh/CA @f1.4

infinity shots:

@f1.4

@f4

@f1.4

@f8

Quite a sharp and flat field lens, although the image circle does not fully cover the sensor so there is some
vignetting visible. The same object appear compared to using the Kinic lens very different, nearly somewhat
sterile. Contra luce shots are also astonishingly good. At f1.4 it has some glow around, which disappears from f2 onwards.

Last edited by kds315* on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a movie lens, right?
Well it surely looks one of a kind! The bokeh is highly unusual.
Some images look, hmm... not too convincing, others look very good!
It depends a lot on what is in the background.

Wide open the image is weakened much by the flare. Stopped down is good enough for a lens that wasn't conceived for still images, especially of this high resolution.
I don't know for what film format this lens was made, but even if it was for 35mm (I doubt), let's not forget that in the movie film, the frames are vertical, thus much smaller than the still image 35mm film!

P.S. it's either "contra lucem" (Latin) or "contro luce" (Italian) Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About correct, developed by Zeiss Jena many years ago for a 1" video camera system (military use,
highest standard, massive and heavy barrel, later then built lighter using more modern glass types).
Very nice multicoating though. Aperture allows to be fully closed and has a unusual shape. Indeed
flare resistance is not very high (and I have to admit I used it without a shade since I need to find
such small ones... Embarassed ).

My latin is quite rusty, so thanks for the correction... Wink