Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LucisPictor's Photokina 2010 Report...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report, Carsten. The vid was very informative about Lensbabies Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
And pay a lot of money for a hotel?
Not everybody has got friends in Cologne.

Yes I has the luck to have friends in Cologne, we stayed there. Otherwise I would have stayed in a hostel somewhere.

Hey Carsten, this is only my reccomendation for an ideal setup of the journey - as I see it after several Photokinas.
It should be no critic or offend to you, or all the people going on Sunday to the Photokina. I was on the Photokina on Sundays too. I onces even worked on a camera manufacturer booth.
Probbaly my bad english has given a wrong impression, sorry.

As far as I know the hotel prices in Cologne are pretty high during the fair. So it would be a tought to stay somwehere near a train station in Bonn, Duesseldorf, Leverkusen, Solingen..
With the train one comes easily to the fair in "Köln-Deutz".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Photokina always in Koeln?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Is Photokina always in Koeln?

Yes.

@ZoneV: No offense taken. Don't worry. It is a great idea to spend more than one day there. Markus and I have talked about this as well and we said that it would have been great to spend three days there during the week, or perhaps FRI to SUN, go to the fair for three hours each day and spend the rest in Cologne which is a great city. After three hours it gets a little difficult to concentrate. Wink We were also thinking about going to the camera show in Cologne (where you went to on SUN), but since we left our families at home, we promised to be back not too late. And Cologne is a 2 hour drive away from where we live.
But since we both work as teachers we could not have done that. We stop teaching on Fridays at about 4 pm and cannot get a day off on weekdays (unless it's holidays).
And is wasn't too bad on that Sunday, really. There was much more on display than one could see on one day. Plus, I got a ballhead for my tripod from one of those Korean companies that tried to get rid of their stuff. Wink

Still, if someone arrives from abroad he should plan at least two days for that trip. There you're right.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. You're very kind. I'm glad that you like this report.

Farside wrote:
The vid was very informative about Lensbabies Smile

The guys there (esp. Patrick, who got the forum web address from me) were very relaxed and immediately agreed on shooting this interview.
Thanks, Patrick! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, thank you for sharing Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the vid, very nice. Thanks for your efforts and putting this all together...