Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Loose lens mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Loose lens mount Reply with quote

My Canon T70 has a body mount that is a tad loose. Can see no way of tightening it up. Am thinking of a SLIGHT touch of super glue. Comments?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you taken the shroud off as there could be some screws underneath.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh do go oooooon. Razz

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have been a T70 I fixed (so many cameras Wink )...looking at my T70 there are two screws Question holding the plastic molding around the mount in place, unscrew them and the molding comes off and then you can tighten the mount screws.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only see 4 screws holding the external mirror box on but taking them off doesnt free anything, so have no idea how to take the metal (chrome) lens mount off

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm something must be holding the lens mount in place and it's usually screws

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, cannot find any screws on the lens mount itself nor any holes where screws might have been. Used superglue instead

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently its help it place by 4 screws INSIDE, how to get at 'em is a mystery

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Apparently its help it place by 4 screws INSIDE, how to get at 'em is a mystery

Indeed as I've found my service manual.....crappy sketches and not clear English, but it looks like the front cowling comes off by setting the shutter lock button to "L" (huh they probably mean put it in the lock position) and LOOSEN the two screws in the base plate, well I can see three Question maybe they mean just the one under the cowling (and h'mm it doesn't mention the top front one and two around the side Question ) ........and when the screws (or screw) in the base are loosened, it probably gives a bit of slack, then pinch the four corners of the cowling and it would lift off.

Last edited by Excalibur on Fri May 09, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 8 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastic cover is held by few screws - watch closely (front and both sides including lever to open film compartment if I remember correctly). If you will not find them then I can take photos and show you. All in all easy task - about 15 min with brake for coffe Wink.