Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking towards Coniston from Corney Fell
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Looking towards Coniston from Corney Fell Reply with quote

First one is with Hexanon 1.4/50, second and third with Hexanon 3.2/135.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Ian. Putting me in the mood for our short camping break in 9 days time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first is, for me, the best. Since it has a foreground, it provides a deeper image that more resembles what the eye would actually see standing in that spot. The other two simply aren't doing that much for me because they don't have as much visual depth and that, to my eye, doesn't do them any favors.

In general, though, I have been a big fan of your panoramas even though these three don't constitute your best work, in my opinion. I do like that all three look very realistic. If these have any HDR work done of them, I can't tell -- and that's a great progression. SO, even though I'm not a huge fan of these visually (compositionally), I think they are all technically superb.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are very good. Nice composition and great light. And for me it's a really interesting landscape, totally different than what I'm used to seeing here. Smile

My favourite is #3, I think it's just perfect. In #1 I find the road a bit distracting, it doesn't do much for the composition and it looks a little overprocessed. #2 I think opens a bit too much to the right and the narrow strip of land at the bottom is a little too close to the edge for comfort. Maybe a slightly different crop could also work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I find these ones a bit boring, I thought the dramatic lighting (late in the day approaching sunset) would add interest.

They are HDR, 5 exposures per frame.