Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for help with Zeiss Tele-Tessar 4/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Looking for help with Zeiss Tele-Tessar 4/135 Reply with quote

Hello MFlenses people!

I'm looking for some info related to repair of this lens and before spamming Zeiss about it I though I'll try my luck here and spam you instead. If you don't want to read all the details, my two problems are at the end of the post.

I bought the lens just recently, thinking that it would be a nice opportunity to try and repair it and spare it the misfortune of being turned into a donor.
The lens was in pretty bad shape (the seller stated it's beyond salvage and for parts only)- literally everything related to mechanics was broken. However, glass and coatings were in perfect condition and this was more than enough reason for me to buy it.

So far I managed to repair:
- Focus ring: Turned out the thread was stuck due to some dirt/sand that managed to get inside. I spent two hours on making it work again. Unfortunately, some damage was done. It's not as smooth as in new lenses but at least it works.
- Aperture ring: Improperly reassembled (missed the slot in the aperture). I think previous owner must've given up at some point.
- Auto/manual switch: Repairing aperture ring magically made it work again.
- Auto-aperture pin: Because it's connected to auto/manual switch it also got repaired. And I managed to find a missing spring inside the lens.
- Aperture pin/auto/manual mechanism. Improperly assembled, missing spring (also found it inside the lens).
- Aperture: working in 80% - I think either springs need a bit of adjustment or I still have something incorrectly assembled inside. Nevertheless, it's not stuck, greasy nor damaged in any way.

The two problems I have yet to fix are:
- The small ball that's responsible for the aperture ring to stop at certain values. It was gone and I don't know what diameter the replacement should be. Tried to put an old HDD bearing ball inside but the ones I have are too small (1.54 mm). Pic rel (with HDD ball visible) - https://i.imgur.com/7dXRfKP.jpg
- Auto/manual switch won't stay locked in either auto nor manual position. I think there's something missing but there's nothing on the Web about said switch. Picture for reference - https://i.imgur.com/w2PS7VS.jpg

If any of you knows anything about these two I'll be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance.

P.S. There's no SSL certificate on this site?