Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for an adapter 42-> EOS with AF confirm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Looking for an adapter 42-> EOS with AF confirm Reply with quote

Hi

I am looking for another adapter M42-> EOS.

This time i would like one with the AF confirm Chip.

There are a lot on eBay, but i know quality is not always the same.

Moreover i want one wich permit to use lenses without auto-Manual Selector (do not know the right term).

I am waiting for your testimonies and advices.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with the one sold by the eBay vendor Jinfinance.
The AF chio has fixed 50/1.8 exifs data, making all metering light modes available and TTL flash too, has the right thickness to maintain infinite focus and it's well finished product - and it's cheap !

Indeed, don't buy M42 to EOS black adaptor -without AF confirm- from the same vendor :

as you may have problems with some Takumar lenses that use aperture lever, as this SMC TakuMrar 50/1.4 :

You can see the aperture lever (3 O'clock) touching the adapter's aperture pin flange that has too small diameter (but it can be filed)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
I'm very happy with the one sold by the eBay vendor Jinfinance.
The AF chio has fixed 50/1.8 exifs data, making all metering light modes available and TTL flash too, has the right thickness to maintain infinite focus and it's well finished product - and it's cheap !

This one right here seems a tad different from the one above, Or is it the same, (Just confirming)
Click here to see on Ebay
Also are their any other recommendations ???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dakoo,

Jinfinance updated the chip used on the adapter, it's now better build and returns 55/1.4 as EXIF data.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar one from happypagehk

This also fits S-M-C Tak lenses like yours Flor. I got mine about a year ago, before he started pre-coding the chip. You can have a specific focal length and aperture coded in, which gets embedded in the EXIF data of every shot. Not a big deal in my view, but a very good adapter.

Nelson, take care choosing the right adapter for your lens. Some of the kind with a flange for pressing the aperture pin have an opening which is too small for some faster lenses with big rear elements. This is a Super-Tak 1.4/50 in an adapter without a chip:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one i came across...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one from haoda fu and it worked fine. I ended up selling it to a buddy when I got split screen instead. Good thing about buying from him is 100% money back guarantee, if you don't like it or it doesnt work send it back no questions asked.... I tend to deal strictly with vendors that have gaurantees