Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a 85mm lens in M42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Looking for a 85mm lens in M42 mount Reply with quote

Hi guy's I wonder if anyone can help, I am in need of a 85mm in M42 mount anything considered but not the Jupiter 9. I had one and found it to be a bit too soft, so I am after something with sharp focus.

I am based in the UK and if anyone can help I would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much you can pay for the lens? The Takumars 85mm or Pancolar 80mm if you want a fast 85mm with is acceptably sharp in full open.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZ Sonnar 85mm f/2.8, haven't tried it myself but considering one as the Planar is out of my own budget. Available in m42 as well as qbm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a M42 Carl Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/85
One of the rare M42 version copies made for the Rollei line in Oberkochen (Zeiss west).
It's sharp like a razor blade, and has HFT multicoating (almost same good as T*).
Of course you understand that it can not be priced like a Jupiter...
Price is 350 Euros. Worth every single cent of them.
Shipping to UK, registered: 13 Euros (ask if you want insurance).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have a M42 Carl Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/85
One of the rare M42 version copies made for the Rollei line in Oberkochen (Zeiss west).
It's sharp like a razor blade, and has HFT multicoating (almost same good as T*).
Of course you understand that it can not be priced like a Jupiter...
Price is 350 Euros. Worth every single cent of them.
Shipping to UK, registered: 13 Euros (ask if you want insurance).

If it's made at Oberkochen, isn't HFT exactly as good as T*..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
How much you can pay for the lens? The Takumars 85mm or Pancolar 80mm if you want a fast 85mm with is acceptably sharp in full open.

At the moment I could probably go to about £120, so I don't know what, if anything 85mm this would get me?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeSalt wrote:

If it's made at Oberkochen, isn't HFT exactly as good as T*..

There is a debate about this, but probably yes, it could be the same as T* but labeled HFT for brand consistency.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You many be able to hunt down one of the voigtlander 75/2.8 lenses or early 90/3.5 lenses in m42. Should be very good.

Why m42? Do you really use an m42 camera? If adapting to say eos, a samyang or Rokinon 85/1,4may be viable too. They are cheap and come in common mounts.

These days there are so many choices sometimes it is not worth adapting !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Takumar 85mm f1.9 in M42, extremely sharp and legenary bokeh, but I want £250 for it.

Comes with original screw-in hood. Some cosmetic signs of use but nothing on glass.