Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Look ! a camera :D ( negative )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Look ! a camera :D ( negative ) Reply with quote

Hi here.

Last week i've been to shoot some pictures of a friends little child. he wanted some b&w pix, so iv'e took like 10 pictures in order to catch some moments. I used a Praktica L with a Pentacon 50mm and neopan ss 100 ( not the best for indoors ) this pic was taken at f2 1/60. to be honest i like it.

do you think its a good shot ? thanx for any comments/advices. cos i plan to do them a print of that one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it captures the emotional moment, not to mention the Long Exhaustion and Chaos a new baby brings. As such, this photo does what it needs to, effectively and very evocatively. To dweeb a bit, the focus and resolution zone in on what's important.

Maybe you can tell, I really like this photo, thank you for sharing it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it's a nice shot of a nice moment!

Thanks for sharing.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shot hexi, in years to come it will be a beautiful memory for your friends and their family.

The exposure is perfect in poor lighting with a slowish film. The shallow depth of field was forced on you and if it was my choice I think I would maybe have closed down a stop and gone to 1/30, so that shows I'm not as good a judge as you! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babies are hard to shoot when the mouth is not in view, You have captured an image that conveys the moment without it. Good job.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx all for the returns. In fact i'm pretty happy despite having missed some shots, but hey. None of the pictures were posed, i was just there with the camera watching what was going on and tried to capture the interesting moments.

i choosed 1/60 in order to avoid eventual camera shake. the film also wasn't the best, but i dealt with. by the way its developed with Rodinal ( 1+25 - 9 minutes ).

next venue shots with my friends will be to test the Contax RX Cool