Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Look ! a camera :D ( negative )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Look ! a camera :D ( negative ) Reply with quote

Hi here.

Last week i've been to shoot some pictures of a friends little child. he wanted some b&w pix, so iv'e took like 10 pictures in order to catch some moments. I used a Praktica L with a Pentacon 50mm and neopan ss 100 ( not the best for indoors ) this pic was taken at f2 1/60. to be honest i like it.

do you think its a good shot ? thanx for any comments/advices. cos i plan to do them a print of that one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it captures the emotional moment, not to mention the Long Exhaustion and Chaos a new baby brings. As such, this photo does what it needs to, effectively and very evocatively. To dweeb a bit, the focus and resolution zone in on what's important.

Maybe you can tell, I really like this photo, thank you for sharing it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it's a nice shot of a nice moment!

Thanks for sharing.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shot hexi, in years to come it will be a beautiful memory for your friends and their family.

The exposure is perfect in poor lighting with a slowish film. The shallow depth of field was forced on you and if it was my choice I think I would maybe have closed down a stop and gone to 1/30, so that shows I'm not as good a judge as you! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babies are hard to shoot when the mouth is not in view, You have captured an image that conveys the moment without it. Good job.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx all for the returns. In fact i'm pretty happy despite having missed some shots, but hey. None of the pictures were posed, i was just there with the camera watching what was going on and tried to capture the interesting moments.

i choosed 1/60 in order to avoid eventual camera shake. the film also wasn't the best, but i dealt with. by the way its developed with Rodinal ( 1+25 - 9 minutes ).

next venue shots with my friends will be to test the Contax RX Cool