Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lomography Diana F+ lenses on Nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Lomography Diana F+ lenses on Nex Reply with quote

Here is a little experiment to follow! Very Happy

I own quite a bit of lomography gear (sorry haters Razz ) including the complete outfit for a Diana F+. I was taking the lot out to shoot some 120 film with it when I noticed I also have a Diana - Nikon adapter. So I was thinking about sticking this adapter on a Nikon - Nex adapter and try to shoot digital with it. I know these lenses will behave completely different i.e. the fisheye lens won't be much of a fisheye etc.
The aparture is in the camera itself so only 'wide open' shooting will be possible and these lenses do not have a proper focus ring either, they have a scale for 3 or 4 distance settings.

This will be challenging, stay tuned for some results, hoping for something worth showing though I am not expecting much Wink

The collection (first image has the lenses/assessories written on it):

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a really interesting experiment! I used the lensbaby stuff on the NEX via an A Mount adapter and have stacked adapters for other things as well. I also just got an adapter for Pentax 110 lenses and they get very acceptable frame coverage on the NEX. What kind of mount is on the Diana lenses? The full kit isn't too expensive, if they produce pleasing results may try to replicate.

Ken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lomography Diana F+ lenses on Nex Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Here is a little experiment to follow! Very Happy

This will be challenging, stay tuned for some results, hoping for something worth showing though I am not expecting much Wink

I look forward to the results. Bring them on.