Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lomo T-43 40/4 from Smena camera adapted to Sony E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Lomo T-43 40/4 from Smena camera adapted to Sony E Reply with quote

This is common Lomo T-43 40/4 from Smena camera adapted to Sony E mount using generic plastic cap.

Sharpness and contrast are fine. All flaws combine to pretty unique, vintage rendering. No post-processing, samples straight from Sony NEX-6 camera.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, amazing! Especially #1. Surprised How did you adapt the lens exactly? Parts, registration distance, infinity focus, etc? Smenas are everywhere and can be had for pocket change so could be a nice little project for many. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hole was drilled in the cap and the lens was glued. Some metal washers were selected (trial and error) to set registration distance. I don't have this lens anymore and I didn't note the distance.
Right now I'm in the process of converting several T-43 (from different Smena models) using only metal parts. My father is a turner and milling machine operator so it will be more professional work. I'll share the results.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in one just to play with if it's well made and for a reasonable price. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, but first I need a succesful conversion Smile. The most important is to get it way better looking and solid than that plastic-based conversion.