Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LOMO OKC1-18-1 f2.8 18mm remounted for Sony NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not helpful at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers guys, what really stands out for me is how rectilinear it is for such a wide lens.

I think this would be a great lens for shooting video, give a cinematic look like pancolart says.

I might have to try shooting some video with it, I've only tried the video on my NEX once.

I was thinking the same thing. I shoot a lot of video and some lenses positively shine when used for video. Even cheap ones you wouldnt give the time of day to.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex H wrote:
That is not helpful at all.

Why isn't it? These LOMO cine lenses were all built for the same purpose and to the same standards. If you are shooting 35mm motion pictures you are intercutting footage shot with different lenses therefore there must be a consistency in characteristics between the lenses.

Compare the resolution data, for the LOMO 1-18-1 I have it is 64/27 centre/edge, for the 6-10-1 it is 60/22, so they are pretty close in resolution. I am pretty sure the colour rendition and contrast will be very similar too. I don't know if the 10mm will have more falloff of intensity to the edges, maybe.

Bottom line, the LOMO lenses for35mm cine are of very high quality, they had to be because of their application - shooting professional 35mm motion pictures, none of them will be duds. I only have four of them, but they are all stunningly good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers guys, what really stands out for me is how rectilinear it is for such a wide lens.

I think this would be a great lens for shooting video, give a cinematic look like pancolart says.

I might have to try shooting some video with it, I've only tried the video on my NEX once.

I was thinking the same thing. I shoot a lot of video and some lenses positively shine when used for video. Even cheap ones you wouldnt give the time of day to.

What sort of video do you shoot Phil? Interests me a lot because my degree is in film and television production and I was trained as a cameraman.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have split off the rest as it was getting personal.

Please gents refrain from doing that, it is not to the benefit of anyone here....

*** mod mode off ***

So how about those lenses, anybody else has experience with them?
I thought about using them on m4/3 but never found a suitable adapter...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus.

Adapters are available from a gentleman in Poland, but not so cheap, you can find him on ebay under the name cieclo7, he machines the adapters from solid aircraft grade alloy and they are impressive quality.

I have four LOMO lenses - this 2.8/18 which came as an optical block and needed DIY work, then three with the OCT-18 mount, a 2.5/28 and two different versions of the 2/35, one of which sadly has an abraded rear element.

I plan to convert the 2.5/28 and the good copy of the 2/35 for use on my NEX, just freelensing the 2.5/28 in front of my NEX it looks very promising, the lower contrast will be due to light getting in around my fingers.

I also have a Vega 2.1/50 cine lens I need to remount for NEX sometime.