Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LOMO 18-30 F1.2 reversed on A7ii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: LOMO 18-30 F1.2 reversed on A7ii Reply with quote

This little thing I bought on e-bay on a lark. Its a projector lens from some small film projector (8mm?). The photos of the lens were a bit deceptive as it is just tiny thing (the sale photos didn't have anything to give scale). The barrel of the lens is about a millimeter and a half smaller OD than the ID of a 42mm threaded helical. I used a RX bottle cap and electrical tape to jam it into the helical on my NEX m42 helical. I didn't remember the chip with photos of the lens but will try to add those later. My first experiments using it front ways, I could not get an image to form without being scarily close to the sensor. So I tried it reversed. It turns out beyond 1:1. The DOF is razor thin but with the right set up I was able to get usable images.

and a crop, just because:

The photo is a dollar coin (James Garfield IIRC). Lighting is a LED 90W (equiv) flood and some oblique lighting from a LED flashlight.

Last edited by jamaeolus on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised an image of the rig I used and one of the lens. The other lens is a 57 1.4 konica for scale purposes. Anybody know what kind of film this would have been used for?