Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lloydy - great and honest guy .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Lloydy - great and honest guy . Reply with quote

A month back me and David ( Lloydy ) traded a few items. Even though the items that he as shipped me got lost he fully refunded the ones I have sent him and did everything he could to try and fix things. Thank you a lot David.

For anyone who is planning to buy/trade something with him - be calm, he is super honest and reliable.

Drack.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentleman Very Happy

I've lost a nice lens in mail too, a couple of years ago, sadly this is a part of the game sometimes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very annoying to have stuff lost in the post when you pay for tracking, which seems to have limited value. The UK Post Office maintain the parcel is in Lithuania, the Lithuanian Post Office maintain it's never arrived. Nobody can actually tell me the last place it was positively at, so what are we paying for ?

Anyway, thank you Drack for your patience and kind words. I shall test mine as I try to get the compensation from the Post Office.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
It's very annoying to have stuff lost in the post when you pay for tracking, which seems to have limited value. The UK Post Office maintain the parcel is in Lithuania, the Lithuanian Post Office maintain it's never arrived. Nobody can actually tell me the last place it was positively at, so what are we paying for ?

+1, yes... Surprised

We pay for tracking of a route and can see if it get lost or not?!?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Anyway, thank you Drack for your patience and kind words. I shall test mine as I try to get the compensation from the Post Office.

I hope you`ll get thins cleared out for you and receive you items/money back from the post office Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's ok is our Dave! And I'd trust any of the regulars here to be honest if I was dealing with them.

Tracking for me seems to be only of any use when posting within the UK. This is exactly the argument I have when selling or buying on ebay. I only buy from UK sellers only sell to UK addresses. OK, cheap adapters etc from China no problem, they usually replace lost ones (not that any have gone missing) but you can't do that with private seller bargains.

I have had bitter experiences with international transactions. I work for a big UK based company with an international e-com division and the number of expensively tracked parcels that vanish outside the UK is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tracking is very useful anyway. In addition to providing some piece of mind to both the seller and the buyer, it automatically eliminates any suspicion that the item has not been shipped and thus makes resolving the problem much easier for both sides. Since adding tracking here in Germany costs only 2 Euros, saving on tracking makes sense only on very low value items.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's a great bloke, helped me out many times, I have zero reservations in giving him my ringing endorsement. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His minolta 35/70f/3,5-now mine- was in excelent firm. Clean, all working very nice.

He sended very fast.

Really a good guy.

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a broken lens off Dave (for parts) and he sent me a free camera with it. One of his charity shop compacts Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Dave if yer reading this your head must be huge!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I appreciate your comments. I would not sell or swop any lens that I wouldn't use myself. If it's a crap lens, I'll sell it as crap!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lad indeed.

Lenses arrived fast (for being mexico) and well packed.

Thanks a lot Dave and looking forward to see what other items you offer in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Francisco, I hope you enjoy them. Very Happy