Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Little purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Little purchase Reply with quote

I just bought a 1954 Agfa Silette rangefinder with Apotar 3.5/45 lens for 6,49 Euros:

_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

I have a very similar one which I also got for almost nothing (but I have to clean it).

It's an AGFA Silette with an AGFA Color-Apotar 1:2,8/45 and has a Pronto shutter which is good for 1/200.

Try the B(ulb)-mode and you will see that the apertures closes almost to a circle!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just found out it's not a rangefinder Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the Super Silette is...

This is mine with a Solagon 2.0/50, unfortunately the speeds from 1/15 up are too slow, but it's not too bad, since I normally do shoot with 1/30 or faster...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common mistake... I've also found out that my Konica C35 is the V model that is not rangefinder...
Anyway, I'll give it a try, and look for another real rangefinder, maybe an Olympus...
Best regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, you beat me to it, yep, zone focusing. Has to have the 2 windows
to have a coupled rangefinder in it.

Jesito, I highly recommend the Oly 35RC, I will soon have a couple rolls
to develop. These little cams go for pretty cheap over here in the US.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Jesito, I highly recommend the Oly 35RC, I will soon have a couple rolls
to develop. These little cams go for pretty cheap over here in the US.

Bill

Bill, I've just lost a 35RC for 10,5€... I was not online when the auction ended. I've seen those nice Olympus 35RC and 35RD, but the later one is too expensive.

However, besides the Oly, I'm still looking for a Konica C35 rangefinder, for romantic reasons, I got one of those machines when I was young...
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 35RC (as far as I can remember) in the shop window of a local dealer. I had a look at it and saw that the rangefinder was misaligned. So I didn't buy it. I know how to adjust a FED3 rangefinder but don't have a clue about the one of a 35RC.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
There is a 35RC (as far as I can remember) in the shop window of a local dealer. I had a look at it and saw that the rangefinder was misaligned. So I didn't buy it. I know how to adjust a FED3 rangefinder but don't have a clue about the one of a 35RC.

The FED3 is also in my waiting queue, but they not show very much in eBay...
Best regards,
Jes.