Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Lillo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Lillo Reply with quote

There are a lot of villages in the north of Antwerp that have disappeared due to the expansion of the port. Lillo is one of them. There is only a couple of streets left but funnily enough this tiny place is an attraction for hundreds of pokmon hunters a day (rare ones spawn there all day and night) creating quite the nuisance for the 30 people still living there.
There's a photo in this article:
http://www.demorgen.be/binnenland/polderdorp-lillo-34-inwoners-duizenden-pokemon-jagers-b4560e2e/

Seeing as I wasn't going to get any good photo in the village itself due to all the people there I just took a couple of shots by the waterside:

mju II + superia 200

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures with the little Olympus.
But I have to say that I never understood why the harbour gets permission to destroy villages so far from the sea. Instead of building a harbour outside near Zeebrugge.
No troubles with keeping the Schelde deep enough for large vessels, increasing the risk of inundations between Antwerp and the Dutch border. Wink