Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Life is just a bowl of cheerios
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Life is just a bowl of cheerios Reply with quote

Some you win, some you lose.
The Tamron 75-150 arrived today and it 'needed a bit of a clean', as the seller said. Most of the cleaning was just removing the muck left from the bad cleaning job done by someone else and it cleaned up well. Only trouble was, there's still a tiny splodge or two of fungus inside. Damnit.

The bright side was the unmentioned inclusion of a P/K mount - which is great for me as I intend to buy a Pentax sometime later. I'd have paid more for the mount alone than the lens cost, so even if the lens was a bin-it job, it's still worthwhile.

A very hazy day, as you can see in the distance.

Close focus wasn't too bad, as this was leaping around in the breeze.

There might be a slight issue with back-focus here, the rest of the shots exhibited that, but the wind pushed the flower back a bit, luckily.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks quite good, I don't see any particular softness from the fungus.