Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Lenses Reply with quote

I've recently been given some mf M42 lenses. Soligor 90-230mm zoom, Takumar SMC 200mm f4, Takumar SMC 120mm f2.8, Takumar SMC 55mm f1.8 and a real mystery one, Photodynamics 28mm f2.8. I have 'Googled' and can find no reference at all to Photodynamics lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not seen the "photodynamics" label before but thee SMC120 2.8 is an underrated lens IMHO. Please try the 28.2.8 to see how it does. IMHO the Japanese lenses at that FL from that era were all over the map. Some small number of very very good a few others so-so but a lot of really poorly implemented designs. It will be interesting to see how your images turn out. Lots and lots of rebadged lenses from Japan at that time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The straight knurled grip and red lollipop focus mark are very similar to my early Yashinon and Mamiya Sekor lenses. Maybe Tomioka?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look up photographic importers in your area from the 1960s and '70s. You might find the name amongst their products, which would be a start. I hope it's not a red herring Glyn, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

Would '60s/'70s match with the versions you have, Lloydy?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
You might want to look up photographic importers in your area from the 1960s and '70s. You might find the name amongst their products, which would be a start. I hope it's not a red herring Glyn, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

Would '60s/'70s match with the versions you have, Lloydy?

Yes, all the lenses I mentioned have the same characteristic straight knurl and red lollipop focus mark.

But.....the Mamiya Sekor 135 / 2.8 is a lens I also have branded as Soligor and Tokina, and I think it is a Tokina. Maybe the style was dictated by the lens retailer and different manufacturers made them to order?