Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens mount maker in UK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Lens mount maker in UK Reply with quote

http://www.srb-griturn.com/slr-adaptors-for-any-lens-376-c.asp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srb is still going but i think url may have changed .. for M43 its http://srb-photographic.co.uk/micro-four-thirds-lens-adaptors-1175-c.asp

they do a wide range ..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good company, they manufacture a lot of the items they sell rather than buy them in from the cheapest supplier. The quality of anything I've had from them has always been first class.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add my own praise to this company, I sent them a lens last year and they made an adapter for it to fit my Canon, superb job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
I'll add my own praise to this company, I sent them a lens last year and they made an adapter for it to fit my Canon, superb job.

Sounds good, could you tell us more about the adapter and the time it took them to make it? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly recommended indeed!
I'm a regular client, ordering "custom manufacture" items at least twice annually.
Reasonable prices, fast shipping, excellent workmanship & very professional overall approach, what else to ask for?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

Sounds good, could you tell us more about the adapter and the time it took them to make it? Thanks.

The lens (Hartblei 45/3.5 Super Rotator tilt shift) had a Pentacon 6 mount, I sent the lens to them and they made a mount from scratch to fit my Canon cameras. The lens came back, with new mount attached, in about two weeks. The cost was a very reasonable £70.
The new mount had no electronic contacts, I didn't ask for them because I've never found one to be accurate (I don't know if they even offer that as an option). The mount has a matt black finish and looks like it is an original part of the lens.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, the guy I dealt with was friendly and helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
dickb wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

The lens (Hartblei 45/3.5 Super Rotator tilt shift) had a Pentacon 6 mount, I sent the lens to them and they made a mount from scratch to fit my Canon cameras. The lens came back, with new mount attached, in about two weeks. The cost was a very reasonable £70.
The new mount had no electronic contacts, I didn't ask for them because I've never found one to be accurate (I don't know if they even offer that as an option). The mount has a matt black finish and looks like it is an original part of the lens.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, the guy I dealt with was friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the information. This sounds really good and indeed reasonable.