Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens mount ID/Help-solved,thank you.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Lens mount ID/Help-solved,thank you. Reply with quote

I rather stupidly pulled the trigger on this Distagon 18mm 3.5 ZF before double checking the pics of the mount as it is/was a ZF lens with a view to Leitax converting it to A mount for use on both A and E mount. It arrived today and the mount is neither a traditional Nikon ZF,ZF.2 mount nor a Canon ZE (or the rarer ZK)but appears to be a mod of some kind. Any ideas before I argue with them and send it back? Is it a ZF modded to Canon and if so reversible to fit a ZF/leitax Amount?? I can`t see any screws.

Last edited by Macca on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there is an adapter attached to the lens. Can you unscrew the mount by pressing the lever near the 8' clock position on the second photo?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I see a really complicated looking mount like that, I immediately think Contax. There's no C/Y engraved on the mount anywhere is there?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin83, thank you, it was indeed an adapter. No idea what its for. I tried Konica,Minolta MD, Exakta, OM, PK, CY, Pentacon 6,Canon FD and Sony A and none fit. Its quite a wide fitting, not as wide as P6.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon -> Canon EOS.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, I`ve seen the adapters on the net. Looking forward to Leitaxing the lens now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Calvin looks like Canon EOS (aka EF).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First picture - there's a slightly elongated hole that looks very much like Pentax PK mount locking location, which is 9 o clock looking from the front of the lens. Question

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is ZF=Nikon F, with a Nikon to eos adapter.