Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens hood for $620.50???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Lens hood for $620.50??? Reply with quote

A lens hood that costs more than $600??!!! (15% off by the way)::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ex-Rectaflex-90mm-Lens-Hood-for-Angenieux-90mm-f-1-8-Type-p1/312088509207

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Lens hood for $620.50??? Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
A lens hood that costs more than $600??!!! (15% off by the way)::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ex-Rectaflex-90mm-Lens-Hood-for-Angenieux-90mm-f-1-8-Type-p1/312088509207

Nearly as funny as anything with Leica in the description.
Angenieux is on a whole different level of extortion
Smile
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you surprised? If you need a hood for the real life use there is JJC. If you need one to complete your prized collection piece - you pay the going rate, and the going rate is what they ask for the only available copy. Also, I know people for whom $600 is not even a lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its for an Angenieux made for a Rectaflex.
Thats scarce and hot added to much more scarce and hot.
I wonder what the whole set would go for, a Rectaflex with its proper lenses.
Collectors logic is its own thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just imagine what GoKevin would list it at....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looking at completed auctions on ebay, it seems that the Rectaflex cameras are generally not really that expensive, going for $500-1,000 for most, with a few special cases that seem to command much higher prices. These are collectors items of course, and that's why these prices are in this range, but they aren't that terrible.

And the Angenieux 90mm for Rectaflex seems to fall in that vicinity also.

So this price for a hood is indeed absurd.

There was even a French auction for this hood that closed recently for about $80

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if it is high, you shop as much as I do, you become immune to the insane asks. For example, just this morning I came across this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put something in the ebay search, choose 'Newly listed', then go to the final page. All the people who don't really want to sell their gear are there, with their precious lonely items circulating on the carousel for a year. And a few scamsters/dreamers too, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Even if it is high, you shop as much as I do, you become immune to the insane asks. For example, just this morning I came across this.

!!!!
One of his buyers provided a pretty concise feedback about his performance as seller "F..k you" Smile