Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Experiments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Lens Experiments Reply with quote

On a whim I picked up a few lens elements from Surplus Shed last year -- a meniscus, a double convex, and one I forget the type of. I wrangled a decently-sized shutter (All the lenses are around 55 to 80 mm diameter) that has a 36mm opening. Using some step-up and step-down rings, I made housings for the lenses that screw into the shutter. Tomorrow I'm planning to have a board made so that I can mount the lenses in my 4X5. The largest lens, without the shutter, would cover 8X10. With, it appears to still cover 4x5.

The shutter was missing an aperture, however, so I picked on up off eBay that screws into a 42mm thread. It opens to 26mm, so that's wide open unless I remove it.

I'll take some photos of the lenses when I have a moment and post the sample images in a while when they're taken, developed, and scanned.