Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leitz Wetzlar 60mm Elmarit Macro with Sony A7r
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Leitz Wetzlar 60mm Elmarit Macro with Sony A7r Reply with quote

There was not a wide choice of flowers available to me in December but some of our Christmas cactus (Schlumbergera hybrid) offer colour and interesting shape. The glossy petals and sepals offer highlight issues.

Sony A7R (manual mode), Leitz Wetzlar 60mm Elmarit at 1/160 at f11, ISO 320, triple Nissin Air 1 TTL RC flash, handheld.

The stereo is crosseye.

So, this was a first try of a setup with a rarely-used camera, a very rarely used lens and a new setup of three flash guns, only two of which were used before, and not very often. I could see that I can work with this in much the same way as with my very familiar m4/3 hardware.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 60mm f2.8 Elmarit is the lens I mostly carry on my Leica R6.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful lens that performs no matter what task you throw at it. Macro, Landscapes, Portraits... A great walk-around lens.
It's only real weakness is f2.8, I really wish it was f2, but that would have probably doubled it's price.
Bokeh can become busy as you stop down due to it's relatively strait 6 blade iris.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens. There's a reason Leica kept it in production from 1970 until 2009.

Nice results!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice lens!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
It's a great lens. There's a reason Leica kept it in production from 1970 until 2009.

Nice results!

I got it, mainly for macro, in about 2012, to get improved sharpness over my Tamron 90mm f2.5. I then moved to a Kiron 105mm, which has mostly been replaced by my only AF macro lens the Olympus 4/3 50mm f2, together with the matched x2TC.