Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leitz Elmaron Canon 60d Mounting questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Leitz Elmaron Canon 60d Mounting questions Reply with quote

Hey all, I recently got this nice gift:

A nice Leiz Elmaron 150 mm f2.8

I want to try and mount it on my Canon 60d, but am not sure how to start. First questions: does anybody know what mount this uses, and how I can get this to work with my camera? I assume I should try a focusing helicoid with some adaptor combi... any tips?

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always fun, getting new glass especially if it 's being given. The Elmaron is a projection lens, from a slide projector I suppose. I presume its diameter is fairly large, making adaptation a bit cumbersome. Is the rear of the lens threaded? If so, a filter step up ring may be found adapt it to a more common mount. The cheap eos chinese extension tubes without electronics have a M60 thread, those can be useful to create an EF mount on such a lens. If the weight of the lens is a big too much you can try and find a tripod ring with a correct diameter and attach that to a bellows. Have fun with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
Always fun, getting new glass especially if it 's being given. The Elmaron is a projection lens, from a slide projector I suppose. I presume its diameter is fairly large, making adaptation a bit cumbersome. Is the rear of the lens threaded? If so, a filter step up ring may be found adapt it to a more common mount. The cheap eos chinese extension tubes without electronics have a M60 thread, those can be useful to create an EF mount on such a lens. If the weight of the lens is a big too much you can try and find a tripod ring with a correct diameter and attach that to a bellows. Have fun with it.

Thanks! Can't wait to try it Smile

We have a lively discussion on this in the "vintage lenses gift" thread back on the manual lenses forum. There are about a dozen lenses I need to try and/or adapt ahem.