Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leitz Colorplan f2.5 90mm projection lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like my first version of this lens, your pictures are just so beautiful, I basically do individual portraits , what differences are between P version and others ? I did find out there are different formula over the years since the first version, but except the formula , are there only differences in coatings ? Or is there a third formula (or fourth? As i understand the CF was not the one to buy to use on a camera)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All versions of the Colorplan are recorded and identified here: https://deltalenses.com/?s=colorplan

The old adage about 'not buying Portuguese' needs an update - in fact, the best Colorplans were made in Portugal. The first generation models were deliberately corner-cut by Leica, which says nothing stereotypical about national manufacture!

Similarly, I find the CF models no less sharp or workable than the standard Colorplans - in fact, the ones I've used have been a little crisper. The field curvature is a different shape, but a typical use case nowadays is looking to drop focus away from a centrally framed subject, so it makes little difference.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thank you, have get chance to use them all and compare? How would you rate them each? I do see a general high rating 5 and 5+ but I mean, if there were so many improvements , coatings and formulas , big differences should be visible or not that much ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many, but not all.

If you check the Hall of Fame, and the articles about Fast 90's - both being regularly updated - you'll find a more detailed breakdown of sharpness and other properties.

I just uploaded a draft version of the article I'm working on that includes a section on different Colorplan versions. It's a work in progress, still benefiting from wiki input – but it may help you get your bearings even in its present form.

https://deltalenses.com/leica-projector-lenses/