Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Telyt-R 250mm F4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babu Bhatt wrote:
In case anyone is curious about the 350mm Telyt f/4.8 introduced in around 1980, here are a few samples taken last year and this year, shot on Fuji pro 400H and Kodak Porta 400 and scanned by a lab.

Nice ones all but the last shot is fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Babu Bhatt wrote:
In case anyone is curious about the 350mm Telyt f/4.8 introduced in around 1980, here are a few samples taken last year and this year, shot on Fuji pro 400H and Kodak Porta 400 and scanned by a lab.

Nice ones all but the last shot is fantastic.

Thanks! We don't need no stinkin' autofocus! The second version of the 250 Telyt came out at around the same time, I believe. As I said I used to own one of the first versions of the 250. I may try to pick up one of the second version 250s sometime after the new year. When I owned the first version lens I didn't have that many other lenses, and I was in my 20s. I'm older now, and weight matters. LOL

The lens is a real gem. Leica wisely decided to keep the weight and size down by limiting the aperture to f/4.8. This makes hand-holding much less tiring, though the lens is by no means a feather.

With the 350, you can get nice tight candid photos of people. The size of the lens doesn't matter; what people react to is your proximity.

I got my copy in spring of 2010 for about $960, and the lens has proved to be a delight.

http://www.fonooni.com/Leica_350_mm_f_4_8_lens_Telyt-R.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Nice shot Gareth, looks like you didn't have too much trouble using it that time Very Happy

Thanks Stephen..... That's the last time I used it..... I ended up selling it and get an A.Schacht Travenar 135/3.5.....