Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Summilux M 75/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is not same Sad grainy, dark soft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
this is not same Sad grainy, dark soft

guess i have to change my post processing style

i'm adding grain to imitate 400 ASA film and going for a low light look

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add grain to me not a good idea, once film was replaced to digital , digital clarity was shocking experience I like it. I did never like grain on film. Last picture with water is nice one, still lot of dark images , makes series to depressing. I like bright , colorful images, don't you have shoots from India ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
To add grain to me not a good idea, once film was replaced to digital , digital clarity was shocking experience I like it. I did never like grain on film. Last picture with water is nice one, still lot of dark images , makes series to depressing. I like bright , colorful images, don't you have shoots from India ?

I'm on the reverse journey ... I started photography only because it was all digital and i didn't have to wait for the film to be processed

but the more i shot digital, the more i understood what "grain" and "soul" meant to an image

the weather here is depressing ... cold, dark and raining Crying or Very sad

im from a warm country and this weather puts me in a depression Rolling Eyes

no shots from india or a nice warm country ... all my planned business trips are in western europe for the next 2 months Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Western Europe not a shutter environment now truly, I love to see your film shoots on film if you are on reverse journey. No sun is hard we had 2 sunny days I did enjoy it very much , today just rain and no light Sad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sad Western Europe not a shutter environment now truly, I love to see your film shoots on film if you are on reverse journey. No sun is hard we had 2 sunny days I did enjoy it very much , today just rain and no light Sad

Yeah ... The weather, the people when they see a camera ...

But hey, 2 more months and life will look better

Klaus gave me some addresses where I can develop film.

When the sun starts shining again, I'll put the expensive toys away for awhile and take out my AX +C/Y lenses

If the labs here don't do a good job, do you know anybody who will process the film nicely?

I will pay, just need a good source who will develop though I do realize developing film is a very personal and individual taste based process

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

Heh, you don't need to do that, we already have that low light look naturally for about 300 days per year Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lab is hard ask in own topic, I did give up labs and do my self, exposed films wait more in fridge and I develop them in batch. B&W , E-6 works me well , I rarely get success with C41. I suggest to you shoot on b&w and develop in batch in Kodak D-76 , this developer produce excellent result on any film and with same time , super easy and takes less time than send to lab pick it up, so even to a busy man like you better choice.

http://forum.mflenses.com/bandw-developing-essential-answers-t3238.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Hari wrote:

Heh, you don't need to do that, we already have that low light look naturally for about 300 days per year Laughing

True that

And to add to it, what's the point in buying fast lenses and going for a low light look?

Laughing

Sometimes my idiocy amuses me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Lab is hard ask in own topic, I did give up labs and do my self, exposed films wait more in fridge and I develop them in batch. B&W , E-6 works me well , I rarely get success with C41. I suggest to you shoot on b&w and develop in batch in Kodak D-76 , this developer produce excellent result on any film and with same time , super easy and takes less time than send to lab pick it up, so even to a busy man like you better choice.

http://forum.mflenses.com/bandw-developing-essential-answers-t3238.html

Thanks buddy, will give it a shot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I not like cake at all, this is yummy, well done, I love it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Thanks buddy. this is surely not a series i'm happy with but it is difficult to do anything nice with shitty weather

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, not easy. shoes are creative with bokeh I like it. It took a while to figure out what can I see on picture Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I like the shoes too!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
Attila wrote:

Thanks buddy. this is surely not a series i'm happy with but it is difficult to do anything nice with shitty weather

BW film, particularly slow, ultra fine grained high contrast ones are proving to be a suitable antidote to shitty weather for me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Hari wrote:
Attila wrote:

BW film, particularly slow, ultra fine grained high contrast ones are proving to be a suitable antidote to shitty weather for me.

Sounds good! where can i see the shots? Do you use a tripod or still wing it handheld?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
yes, not easy. shoes are creative with bokeh I like it. It took a while to figure out what can I see on picture Smile

Thanks Attila! this lens is really really good ... and i keep wondering how the 75/1.4 pancolar performs ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Yep, I like the shoes too!

Thanks mate Smile