Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

leica r3 electronic compatible lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
You didn't get to the best part yet, where you'll learn that some Leica lenses are rebadged Minoltas too, so they are not real Leicas. But that's not all, at least Minolta is respectable, however some zooms were apparently made by Sigma of all brands.

yes, then Leica replaced them later with new in-house designs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Oreste"][quote="maxcastle"]
Oreste wrote:

No, not really. The Leicaflexes were the last 100% Leica-engineered Leica reflex cameras until the R8/9.

They are pretty dishonest then, pretending they are leicas when its minolta and sigma, i may have to go russian after all this Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="maxcastle"][quote="Oreste"]
maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:

No, not really. The Leicaflexes were the last 100% Leica-engineered Leica reflex cameras until the R8/9.

They are pretty dishonest then, pretending they are leicas when its minolta and sigma, i may have to go russian after all this Wink

It was necessary because they did not have the resources to design all these zoom lenses and manufacture them immediately. It took them a while but they did eventually design and manufacture their own. They did of course exercise very stringent quality control and actually assisted the other companies in the designs in some cases.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like zoom lenses, then the best ones you can get short of the Zeiss T* and for very reasonable prices considering their quality are the Konica UC ones, 45-100 and 80-200. Both are fantastic.

I seriously doubt the Leica zooms of the same age are better, Konica only put UC on their best lenses, and their m mount UC lenses compete very well against the much more expensive leica ones.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Oreste"][quote="maxcastle"]
Oreste wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:

It was necessary because they did not have the resources to design all these zoom lenses and manufacture them immediately. It took them a while but they did eventually design and manufacture their own. They did of course exercise very stringent quality control and actually assisted the other companies in the designs in some cases.

And I am pretty sure that the price tag was that of a Leica lens, not a minolta or sigma one right? just because the "quality controls"????

MMMM brilliant Leica people !!!

Well whenever there's is people believing in "glow", "magic", "fairys" and "ghosts" any company can charge as much as they want.

As long as everyone in the equation is happy, everything is perfect.

And again, i am not saying that is wrong for someone else, wrong only for me ok?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inombrable wrote:

And I am pretty sure that the price tag was that of a Leica lens, not a minolta or sigma one right? just because the "quality controls"????

I will pm you at some stage m8 about the adaptor and lenses to use on the r3 as you have used a similar setup, if thats ok?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
inombrable wrote:

I will pm you at some stage m8 about the adaptor and lenses to use on the r3 as you have used a similar setup, if thats ok?

No problem at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inombrable wrote:

No problem at all.
Thanks m8, you don't know Geoff bowley from nottingham do you ? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="inombrable"][quote="Oreste"]
maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:

Well whenever there's is people believing in "glow", "magic", "fairys" and "ghosts" any company can charge as much as they want.

As long as everyone in the equation is happy, everything is perfect.

And again, i am not saying that is wrong for someone else, wrong only for me ok?

Well they were not cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:

seems to me cheap leica could be the ultimate oxymoron! Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:

seems to me cheap leica could be the ultimate oxymoron! Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink

yes. They have the highest quality standards in rhe industry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:

And a lot of it is made in portugal it seems but stamped made in germany? I want the truth Oreste, do you or any of your family work for or have shares in leica?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:

And a lot of it is made in portugal it seems but stamped made in germany? I want the truth Oreste, do you or any of your family work for or have shares in leica?

If you examine a wide variety of their products the quality will become evident. Regardless of the factory in which the products are made.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
I want the truth Oreste, do you or any of your family work for or have shares in leica?

If you examine a wide variety of their products the quality will become evident. Regardless of the factory in which the products are made.[/quote]

You didn't answer my question, are you a leica mole? As to the quality becoming evident, i can't see it happening unless i come up with a patent for a perpetual motion device Shocked Embarassed Crying or Very sad Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Oreste wrote:
I want the truth Oreste, do you or any of your family work for or have shares in leica?

If you examine a wide variety of their products the quality will become evident. Regardless of the factory in which the products are made.

You didn't answer my question, are you a leica mole? As to the quality becoming evident, i can't see it happening unless i come up with a patent for a perpetual motion device Shocked Embarassed Crying or Very sad Wink[/quote]

I am merely trying to separate myth from fact. The fact is that there were few independent lenses made for Leica reflex cameras. If you really want to know what leica is all about, what you are doing won't tell you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:

I am merely trying to separate myth from fact. The fact is that there were few independent lenses made for Leica reflex cameras. If you really want to know what leica is all about, what you are doing won't tell you.

There seems to be alot of myth about them, often goes uncorrected e.g. leica is top quality (but in fact some are top quality minolta), leica is top german quality (mostly made in portugal but stamped made in germany, because they put the shutter button on apparently), the lenses are leica German (some were in fact sigma). Where i come from we don't call that myth, we call it bovine scatology Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, a great deal of the leica R lenses were designed and manufactured in Canada Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
Actually, a great deal of the leica R lenses were designed and manufactured in Canada Smile
Is that a province of Germany?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

As I and others have said, very few independent lenses were offered for the Leica reflex cameras (naturally: people who bought Leica cameras did so because they wanted to use Leica lenses). Therefore, if your quest is to find them, it will be a rather difficult one. We cannot change that historical fact.

Secondly, since there are other brands of cameras for which there are numerous independent lenses available (Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Canon), choosing one of those makes much more sense.

Thirdly, the Leica R3 is basically a rebadged Minolta XE-7.

Fourthly, if what you want is to experience 'Leica', choose an older Leicaflex SL and lenses from that time (1968-1976), which are (relatively) inexpensive.

The engineering of these cameras (the Leicaflexes) was impressive. If you look at the focussing screen of Japanese cameras, you will see a strip of black foam where the mirror comes to rest momentarily, right at the front edge of the camera mount. That strip of foam acts a shock-absorber on Japanese cameras, but there is still some 'mirror-slap' effect which can cause some slight blurring of photos. The Leicaflexes have no such strip. The mirror was engineered with a cam that accelerates the movement of the mirror up to a certain point, then slows it down just before completing the upward movement, so that there is no 'slap'. The result is practically nonexistent 'mirror-slap' with Leicaflex cameras. Also, because of this cam acceleration of the mirror movement upward, the 'delay' between when the shutter release is pressed and when the shutter actually opens is very short (shorter than other cameras). This means closer to 'real-time' shooting. This sort of engineering is what made the cameras so expensive, and one of the reasons why they were forced to economise by adapting Minolta bodies. The whole Leicaflex camera was designed to be as quiet as possible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Nisseliten wrote:
Is that a province of Germany?

They set up a plant in Canada in the early 1950s to be out of the reach of the Soviets, and to be closer to the North American market. Many of the best Leica lenses were designed and manufactured in Canada. many were designed in Canada and manufactured in Germany too.

Leica has always had military contracts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality sells. I think we are done here. Thanks to all who contributed, its all clear to me now Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Tamron is excellent idea, T and T2, TX, T4 mount lenses too I entirelly forgot them Embarassed

I not found any for P6 , only for Hasselblad ...

This is T mount adapter so many cheap lens available with this mount.

Click here to see on Ebay

Tamron
Click here to see on Ebay

Just to be sure, is this for a T mount lens fit this, or a T 2 or both?