Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Photographers Award 2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Leica Photographers Award 2013 Reply with quote

I have entered the Italian Leica Photographers Award 2013. This is my page:

http://www.award.leica-camera.it/orio-menoni

My project is called "The weak subject" and it's a series of snapshots focused to pick
the feeling of lack of syntony of the marginal subjects (children mostly, but also old
people, adolescents, pets) living in an adult's organized world.
Only 8 pictures of the total of 30 could be posted online, so some subjects (like old men)
had to stay out because I had better photos to show.
For children, I decided to show both ways this lack of syntony shows (the absence into
introversion and the escape into the magic world of play).

Leica will select 100 projects amongst all the published ones. Then, a jury of photography
professionals working for Magnum, National Photography and Vogue will select the best 10
to enter the final day in Lucca, where all photos of 10 best projects will be shown and where
the winner will be selected. The winner gets his book published and wins a Leica M with
Summilux 1.47/50.

I surely do not expect to make it into the final day, but I hope to make it in the best 100.
If you like to place your "like" on my page with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest or Share It,
please do Very Happy It will not determine the selection but hopefully a good number of "likes" may
influence the Leica selectors Smile

Last edited by Orio on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two likes? Sad Come on guys, you can do better than this, I always voted for you in previous occasions Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting subject, Orio, however some (many?) people don't have and prefer not to have a facebook. You have my "like", but it won't be registered Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my like. I don't generally "like" anything and this is my only second "like" ever. good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not on face book, but can't find the "like" button to press.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on the button that says 'Mi Piace' is that the right one?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find any way to "like" too Confused . Even if connecting to facebook page of LTI, I can't find the photos.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I clicked on the button that says 'Mi Piace' is that the right one?

Yes, "mi piace" means "i like this"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use your thread too for the same purpose Wink

here is mine Smile
http://www.award.leica-camera.it/riccardo-melillo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shop project" is a work in progress project, made with the Voigtländer Super Wide Heliar 15/4.5 and focused on the idea of ​​capturing the life that centers around shops, craft shops, bars and small restaurants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't selected Sad Thanks anyway to the 9 people who supported me!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: LARRY KING Reply with quote

Me too voted for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have voted, but I`m not on facebook either. Younger photographers will have a benefit here, is my guess Surprised