Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Monochrom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Leica Monochrom Reply with quote

Hi all!

I got an offer on this camera i couldn't refuse so it has been part of my photography tools family for a few weeks now

Does it blow my M9 away for B&W images? Not really.

Does it do B&W better than any other camera in the world? I wouldn't know because i haven't owned every other camera in the world

But, i have many M mount lenses already and i love the RF digital experience so i got it anyway even with all the limitations of the current model

Here are some images, processed of course as the internet stories of dull gray out of the camera files are true

But, the latitude to which you can tinker with the files is also very impressive and so is the dynamic range (which is also helped by the lenses)

The high ISO range upto 6400 works very well, with some noise/grain which is pleasing to my eyes.

ISO 10,000 is still usable with some noise reduction applied via the excellent LightRoom software

Here are some images: (all images shot with Leica 28/f2 and Leica Noctilux 50/f1)

"Dark Souls"

"Enchanted Forest"

Some images from my "Old Bridge" series ->

"Inner Self"

"Summer's Here"

"El Differente"

"Alone in a Crowd"

"Nonchalance"

"New Love on an Old Bridge"

"The Other Side"

"Charm"

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote