Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica M9 - first impressions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Leica M9 - first impressions Reply with quote

I've been using Leica M9 for a while with several lenses and have a few impressions to share.

- JPGs straight out from camera are very attractive to my eyes. You don't even need to nail the focus to have "pop". Noise is visible, dynamic range is nothing special, but Leica has that "something" I can appreciate
- using the viewfinder after years of using mirrorless cameras with EVF is a pain, there is a lot features missing and no advantage for me
- minimal focus distance limited to 0,7 m (often 1 m) hurts, especially with wide-angle lenses
- viewing your photos on LCD monitor to judge exposition etc. is pointless, monitor has huge contrast which kills a lot of details
- prices are ridiculous off course Smile

I wasn't expecting that M9 could replace A7R. I was hoping to have another, a bit different experience that I'd fall in love with. I haven't yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M240 will be better if you need a camera with live-view, better LCD and optional EVF.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
M240 will be better if you need a camera with live-view, better LCD and optional EVF.

I know, I even have Leica EVF2 (electronic viewfinder) waiting for 240. I just only need to hunt down one for fair price Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M9 CCD sensor can still produce great colours and contrast. Shame there's no live view.