Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica LM the new universal fit?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Leica LM the new universal fit? Reply with quote

My wife and I use 3 mirrorless systems between us, all needing different adapters. I have several Sony E adapters but the first one I bought for my wife's MFT and Nikon 1 was the M39, as we prefer to use my Leica fit lenses.

Then I recently purchased the 35mm f2 7artisans lens for my M3 and an adapter for the Sony. While looking for the adapter I noticed that you can now buy adapters for anything to LM.

It made sense therefore to buy a LM - MFT and an LM - N1 and buy special adapters for my lenses i.e M42, PK, FD, NAI etc to LM
will fit all cameras. Jobs a good un.

Another thing too, I can use my 18mm M42, 21mm MD and 24mm FD lenses on the M3 now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much yes, thanks to the Techart AF adapter.
Focal reducers also create a demand, which explains some pretty obscure adapters like Nikon-to-FD.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can work well yes. With very fast lenses and certain telephoto and macro setups you may get some vignetting because of the fairly narrow mount diameter though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
Pretty much yes, thanks to the Techart AF adapter.
Focal reducers also create a demand, which explains some pretty obscure adapters like Nikon-to-FD.

There have been Nikon to FD adapters almost since Canon made their first SLR. Mine is from C1963