Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica IIIa Industar-22 5cm f3.5 Kodak Gold ISO100 Epson V500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Leica IIIa Industar-22 5cm f3.5 Kodak Gold ISO100 Epson V500 Reply with quote

It has no remote cord connection and I didn't know it has a timer or not.
I was deep in trouble how can I make pictures at 1/15 s on light cheap tripod. If you see pretty bad sharpness it is come from this fact and cheap print film never goos as slide for scanning.

Hi-res images are here

Camera made in 1937 , lens around that don't know when.

#1 handheld , untouched

#2 tripod, 1/15 f4 modified contrast

#3 handheld,untouched

#4 handheld,untouched

#5 tripod, 1/15 f4 modified contrast

Last edited by Attila on Mon May 11, 2009 11:12 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Attila,
number 2 and 5 are my favourites, the light is magic.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! It was deep in forest on a sunny day I wish to back with my lovely folder and repeat again on slide.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like the tonality in #4, Attila. One thing about print film, is that thought the colors are muted, they seem very true to life. Of course, I am anxious to see the same types of images from the slide film. Cool

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surprised me too, not easy to get this result from simple print film.
I think I will make one more series on slide just hard to decide should I use Velvia or Sensia. With Velvia I need a sturdy tripod what I don't have yet and my Sensia 200 slides are pretty crap. Let we see this lens and camera did show it's capability now need to put good slides YES!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, with rangefinder and small format you can shoot at 1/20 quite safely if you hold your camera well
(some people say they can reach 1/10 and 1/5 but I doubt that)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila, with rangefinder and small format you can shoot at 1/20 quite safely if you hold your camera well
(some people say they can reach 1/10 and 1/5 but I doubt that)

Shocked I didn't thought ! thanks!