Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Historica e.V. - Autumn Meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Leica Historica e.V. - Autumn Meeting Reply with quote

Last week I went to the autumn meeting of the German branch of Leica Historica. I joined in spring and had the chance to attend for the first time.

On Saturday evening, after some nice small talk and a good dinner, Peter Karbe (head of optics and lens development at Leitz) gave a fantastic presentation on the development and design of the Noctilux. Afterwards I sat together with all those Leica aficionados who turned out to be very pleasant and nice guys with a lot of knowledge and amazing collections. I really liked it there.
So I decided to come back on Sunday for an auction, another wonderful dinner and a small camera fair (no I did not buy anything!) with coffee and cake. Again I had the chance to talk to some great people. BTW, I have never seen so many M9 cams in one place! And still many of them were shooting with Panasonix µ4/3 cams and some with a NEX.
I am already looking forward to the next meeting in spring and to seeing some of them again at the camera fair in Solms at the end of November.

And yes, I used the chance to take some photos with my Leica lenses. Some with the NEX, others with the 5D and some with the Digilux 2. Of course, you mainly bring your Leica stuff to such a meeting. Wink

Staufenberg by LucisPictor, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos, I especially like #3 and #4. That meeting sounds like great fun!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
That meeting sounds like great fun!

You should have been there, Orio!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post card looking great images!