Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35 has been delivered...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! It's a great lens for portraits (in the right hands of course!).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I just took some photos of my little daughter with the Kaleinar today! Will show them soon...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I know you'll be busy playing with it, but it would be nice to see a portrait of your child with the Kaleinar also, I'm curious.

Here you are (ISO200, 1/160, not easy to use inside, 100mm are already pretty long at a crop cam Wink)...

This is my little girl! She does not only like to play with dolls, she also likes to play with her father's old Matchbox cars. Very Happy I like that!

BTW, she is totally thrilled by cameras and always wants to press the shutter button herself in order to take a photo of me. Did I mention that she is not even two years old? Wink

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see significant difference between these two lenses, Kaleinar more warm tonality for me I prefer Kaleinar shoots.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that your beautiful baby would look fantastic even if photographed with a bottle bottom Wink I have to surprise myself and say that I prefer the Kaleinar too. Sharp enough where needed, super smooth everywhere else.

Ok now I have to buy another copy of it! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have to admit that the Kaleinar surprised me today, showing such a good performance still after I have seen the Leica results.
You can see differences in the original size but resized not a lot.

The warmer/cooler cast is IMHO only important for film photography. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again lovely shots of your little girl Carsten, who is clearly a most photogenic little one. The results from the Kaleinar are truly amazing, but I must say the one I got from Attila turns in a really nice performance. I prefer it to my trusty nikon 100/2.8E series - better colour and just as sharp or sharper. I refrain from comment on the leica vs kaleinar - my preference being marginally for the leica, but I think it needs more samples. (On t'other hand - it is amazing that the kaleinar can even hold its own in this company).

patrickh

Last edited by patrickh on Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can believe that, Patrick. I knew that the Kaleinar is a good lens, but it really gets close even to a Leica lens! I did not expect that.

Yes, I do prefer the Leica shots but, come on, which lens (that doesn't cost a fortune) comes close to a Leica result?

And my Kaleinar is in good but not in mint condition. There are some marks at the glass a. Anyway, this is even more surprising, isn't it?

I really like my Meyer Trioplan 2.8/100 but I think the Kaleinar is about as nice a lens as the Trioplan.

To everybody here: If you see a Kaleinar-5 2.8/100 for a decent price, go for it!!!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Given that your beautiful baby would look fantastic even if photographed with a bottle bottom Wink I have to surprise myself and say that I prefer the Kaleinar too. Sharp enough where needed, super smooth everywhere else.

Ok now I have to buy another copy of it! Rolling Eyes

Orio, I had another look at one of the pics I shot with the Kaleinar, a pic that I normally would delete since the composition is bad. But this frame really shows what an excellent lens this Kaleinar is:

This is a non-post-processed 100% crop of a RAW file (ISO400, 1/1600s). No sharpening whatsoever!

Thanks again, mate!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I'm happy for you!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Kaleinar a very few people want to take it , because Russian ...and see this crop I don't think so need a better lens...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very impressive. This is not a lens that I have every seen in the US. Although maybe I should try and see one in my bag.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going cheaply on Ebay on problem is quiet rare.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning clarity. Wow, what a nice buy! I wouldn't know why I would want a sharper image than that.

Yet another surprising lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Wow, what a nice buy!

Yes, the Leica was.
The Kaleinar, actually, wasn't. It was a present from Orio!!! Shocked Very Happy Embarassed