Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Elmar 3.5/35 on a Sony A7II Uncoated 1937
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Leica Elmar 3.5/35 on a Sony A7II Uncoated 1937 Reply with quote

Picked this up at a great price as the seller said it had heavy haze that affected image quality. He was right, I took one shot with it and every possible light source, no matter how dim, had a halo surrounding it.

So I sent it off for a CLA and it came back ready for another 80 or so years of service. The total cost including all postage was still on the low side for this lens. I have sharper 35mm lenses but I like how this one paints an image.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Looks good!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Nice dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those pictures are nice, but I think mostly because of your nice dogs

I sometimes use the lens following your Elmar, the 3.5 35mm Summaron. It is an excellent lens, but it works in BW for me
Your lens was made in BW age, so just try to get pics according this style/limitation and you`ll love it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
those pictures are nice, but I think mostly because of your nice dogs

I sometimes use the lens following your Elmar, the 3.5 35mm Summaron. It is an excellent lens, but it works in BW for me
Your lens was made in BW age, so just try to get pics according this style/limitation and you`ll love it

I am using it right now on a Bessa-R with a roll of P3200 Tmax. Once I finish that roll I'll have a better idea how it works in B&W. Personally I am not thrilled with digital B&W (but then I have never used a Monocron).

My other Leica lens is a Summaron. Love it.

Summaron 3.5/35, Bessa-R, Ilford Delta 400+