Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Latest photos from member galleries in signature
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Latest photos from member galleries in signature Reply with quote

I have an idea from long time ago. We did post many excellent images in Galleries , but only latest ones are visible really. I think would be nice if every member have an own Gallery own this forum with own admin interface. Images should be sortable to different groups and latest ones or selected ones should go to signature like what you able to see in mine.
Member Gallery will be accessible from signature (read only for others) editable for owner. This development takes a lot of time, so vital information how would you like it. Please let me know your thoughts!


Last edited by Attila on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea!


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The filmstrip look is highly appropriate, and overall the idea is brilliant!

One caveat though - will this additional feature impact on the speed of the forum? Just thinking of the recent speed-wobbles, and the vast improvement since Smile


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
The filmstrip look is highly appropriate, and overall the idea is brilliant!

One caveat though - will this additional feature impact on the speed of the forum? Just thinking of the recent speed-wobbles, and the vast improvement since Smile


I think no, signature image will lot smaller than any posted other image.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I want to suggest that you think a wee bit larger.

DPreview has just started doing this. It's not done too well IMO but I think the idea is excellent.

I would suggest that you consider this, a free one along with a paid one like pBase.

If you started a paid one with all the customizeable features of pBase I would drop pBase and join yours for a lot of reasons.

I think it would pay for itself and you mght make a little money on top of that.
Wink

Jules


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
Attila, I want to suggest that you think a wee bit larger.

DPreview has just started doing this. It's not done too well IMO but I think the idea is excellent.

I would suggest that you consider this, a free one along with a paid one like pBase.

If you started a paid one with all the customizeable features of pBase I would drop pBase and join yours for a lot of reasons.

I think it would pay for itself and you mght make a little money on top of that.
Wink

Jules


+1 Great Idea!


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice from you to support me I think about this way too.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTILA -

you're excellent INNOVATOR !!

this is one of THE BEST idea on this forum!!

I am really helpful, if any hand is needed..

tf


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
ATTILA -

you're excellent INNOVATOR !!

this is one of THE BEST idea on this forum!!

I am really helpful, if any hand is needed..

tf

Many thanks!


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea!


PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
If you started a paid one with all the customizeable features of pBase I would drop pBase and join yours for a lot of reasons.

I think it would pay for itself and you mght make a little money on top of that.
Wink

Jules


+2 Wink


PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Attila !


PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
ATTILA -

you're excellent INNOVATOR !!

this is one of THE BEST idea on this forum!!

I am really helpful, if any hand is needed..

tf

+1 apart from I'd say this is one of the many good ideas!

Many thanks for the work that you put in.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/spro/common/


Final output will be looks like this, certainly without watermark.

It is come from this folder

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/japanese/Konica/konica_III_MXL/


All uploaded images to forum will goes to here.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/mfl_club_members/

You will organize here them, this is current plan.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent idea - like it a lot!


PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First initial steps is done.

This flash gallery
http://mflenses.com/demo/

come from here automatically

http://mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/japanese/Konica/

you can select folder on bottom left side if click on grid


PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea a lot, and I recommend you make this thread a sticky, so it won't disappear.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific idea


patrickh


PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I like this idea a lot, and I recommend you make this thread a sticky, so it won't disappear.

+1


PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a good idea.
cooltouch/djmike wrote:
I recommend you make this thread a sticky, so it won't disappear

+1

Cheers, Marty.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to start a member's gallery and upload my pictures. Where would I find it please?


PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I don't know how to start a member's gallery and upload my pictures. Where would I find it please?


It is not available yet for every users I did made manually till this time, please wait a few days and I able to give access for all members.If you would like to do before please let me know and I make your account manually.


PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good idea


PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Attila. Look forward to seeing the final product!