Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LAST WEEK TO POST CALENDAR ENTRIES !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: LAST WEEK TO POST CALENDAR ENTRIES ! Reply with quote

This message is to remind you that this is the last week to post your entries for the 2008 Calendar contest!
I am doing my best now in filling the months I have not posted anything for yet - please do the same, we need many pictures in order to be able to make a good calendar !

Let me remind you the few basic partecipation rules:

1) photos must have been made with manual focus lenses

2) they must be made this year, and submitted for the month they have been taken in. Example: if you want to submit a photo you have taken last June, you must submit it for the month of June.
Only exception to the "this year" rule is December, for which you must submit photos taken in December 2006 (the photos that will be taken next December will be used for the 2009 calendar)

3) you must have a print-suitable high resolution version of the photograph available in case your photo wins. Please don't submit images whose largest available size is 800x600.

4) in case your photo wins you will be asked to also provide a small photo of the lens you took the picture with

5) since this is the Manual Focus Lenses Calendar, the submitted photos should be faithful to the lens they have been taken with. Some image editing/optimization is accepted (including B&W conversions), but not to the point where the character and individuality of the lens is changed into something different.

That's all I think, I'm expecting a lot of submissions this week!
You can submit photos until Sunday, Dec.2 (included)
On Monday Dec. 3 I will lock the threads and prepare the files for the polls.

Orio

P.S. I have one final request/recommendation: in order to make the mechanism of choices easier, each partecipating person please try to submit photos for at least three different months (preferably more). Otherwise it will become difficult to choose 12 different photographers!

Last edited by Orio on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder!
I hope I can make it...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Thanks for the reminder!
I hope I can make it...

If you don't have the time to fill all 10 entries for each month, at least submit a couple per month.
Better to have 2 photos per month on each month (more competition) than to have 10 photos in one month and nothing in the others.
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, is it still possible to post today - 3rd December?
I guess, tonight I could make it...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything postponed to next weekend.
I have too much work to do now, can not work on calendar.

SO you can take it easy Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temporal limit to submit pictures for Calendar 2008 is postponed to SATURDAY Dec. 8

On following Sunday I will lock the threads and prepare the polls.

_