Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Large Rigid Summicron Pics on B&W film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Large Rigid Summicron Pics on B&W film Reply with quote

Summicron 50mm, shot on Kodak Tmax 400 (dont quite like the film, had to do quite abit of processing to get what i wanted)

But IMO, the 50 year old Summicron is lovely here!

[/code]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images without doubt. I love your treatment of the B&W. It really feels classic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitly very nice photographs !

Very contrasty treatment of B&W. Honestly it looks a bit too much on my monitor. Especially the first shot.
It misses a lot of details in the blacks and whites. But that's about taste, isn't it ? ... or it's part of your style (?)....

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series and good to see them in the oversized gallery
I also not prefer the contrast of #1 but I have seen many like this and it must be taste

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples!
I still have a very soft spot for B+W.
Personally Tmax 400 (and 100) has been my favorite film for years.
One of my biggest disappointments was in scanning it for the first time.
Even with the excellent V700 this film is poor for scanning.
When you consider I have about 25 books filled with full neg sleeves of these films you can imagine my disappointment.
The grain combined with the Pinkish color in the emulsion make it difficult to get the tones you would find in actually making a wet print.
These films are excellent for printing. They just scan for shit.

Fuji Across or Rollei IR (shot as 200 and no filter) are much better candidates for a clean scan.